Armageddon duel academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where duelists of all levels gather

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Need more people to post but dropping this here
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 12:19 am by dark magician 85

» Let's try to revive this academy
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:56 pm by TianS

» DUEL CHALLENGE
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am by bnds3

» Lets start a deck thread
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am by bnds3

» Thinking of leaving
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:17 pm by alexander567g

» goodbye guys...
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:06 pm by alexander567g

» Could I test?
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:14 am by Althalus77

» Playofffs!!!!
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:03 pm by alexander567g

» Members i defeated allowed in sig?
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:40 pm by alexander567g

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 119 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 am
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon*
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Vote_lcapyugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Voting_baryugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
kompella
yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Vote_lcapyugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Voting_baryugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Aakash
dark magician 85
jackachu 100
Skies
Deces Rivendare
Azure Berserk
The amazing nigga yo
Faggit Dick Muncher
Visitors
jsp and php counter
Get Visitors Count
Card of the Week
free forum

ADA Chat

yugiohmania827's hangout

Go down 
+3
AmmonJerro69
kompella
dark magician 85
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

DN name : dark magician 85
ADA Points : 19

yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Ok guys, so today I decided to update you another ruling as I have not in a while. This is actually a two ruling lesson so listen tight.

Ruling 1: LaDD Effect
Light and Darkness Dragon is quite a popular card and for good reason. It helps to slow down the meta. It has seen a lot of play inside of Dragon Rulers and has always been found in Frog Monarch. Anyway this is his effect timing issue. I am just gonna give a scenario. Player A summons LaDD. Player B chains Bottomless Trap Hole. Player A chains LaDD effect. Player B chains Torrential Tribute. Most people first accuse the Torrential Tribute activation as illegal but it truly isnt because it is still on the chain of the summon. Next people believe LaDD can negate the Torrential Tribute. This is false because LaDD can only negate once on a chain. Hope this helps you all out.

Ruling 2: Malefic Field Spell Prescence
If you control a face-up Malefic monster and a field spell. Then you go ahead and activate another field spell then the Malefic monster is destroyed. Most people believe it is not. The reason for this is because there is a presence in game mechanics where there is no field spell and he would have to be destroyed.

Hope these 2 rulings help yall out.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:16 am

Today, I am gonna be sharing my personal method to playtesting. Keep in mind it is mine and it does take some time but it works in my oppinion. So, let's hop into the method.
Basically build a deck and its that simple. Then play 10 matches with the deck (no side decking) and after every round note down what was dead at the end of the game (not the match but the game within the match). Afterwards you should have played anywhere from 20-30 duels. If a card was dead more than 5 times I would advize to take it out. Extra deck is different, all extra decks will be different generally. Anyway, repeat the process again. You do not do this in one day but it helps to get better with the deck as well as playtesting to make sure its fine tuned. I hope this helps you all to make original decks that can stomp on people (I mean original as in your own version). Also, do not be afraid to take advice from friends on a deck. Test out their ideas in the deck, it will work. Good luck if you try the method, it worked for me.
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Abandoned Dark
Abandoned Dark
*Judgment Dragon*

DN name : *Judgment Dragon*
ADA Points : 787

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:35 am

yugiohmania827 wrote:
Ruling 2: Malefic Field Spell Prescence
If you control a face-up Malefic monster and a field spell. Then you go ahead and activate another field spell then the Malefic monster is destroyed. Most people believe it is not. The reason for this is because there is a presence in game mechanics where there is no field spell and he would have to be destroyed.

Also, If there is a field spell on the field and you have lets say, Malefic Cyber End Dragon on the field, you then activate skill drain. Don't think you can summon another Malefic, because you can't. Although Malefic Cyber end's effect would be negated, You can't summon another one because the Malefic in your hand still has the effect that you can only control 1.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:46 am

Well that is a completly seperate ruling but ok, thx for the help JD
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
Abandoned Dark
Abandoned Dark
*Judgment Dragon*

DN name : *Judgment Dragon*
ADA Points : 787

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:49 am

It is but it is a more common misplay than the field spell ruling so I thought I would put it in there...
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 am

Alright guys, today is a new lesson on how to approach building a deck the first time. When I build a deck, the first time is the most important. The reason, the first time is where you define the strategy you are going for. Wether it be going for Dark World Control or Wind-Up Spam the first try defines the strategy you want. When going for the first build, do not be afraid to mess up as thats what happens it won't be perfect. When building find cards that compliment the strategy you are going for. Try to see if you can find a weakness the deck has before you even build it and from there try to fill the weakness with cards that can. An example would be Gadgets. Gadgets now have a lot of cards that compliment them and the strategy nice which is fast xyz through Kagetokage, Double Summon, and Ultimate Offering. A weakness to the deck is that they are weak and how they fix that is putting in another engine such as Karakuri or Machina. I hope this helps you to figure out how to approach a deck the first time around.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:46 am

Let's post a new ruling. Today I am going over the 6 Elemental Hero fusions that are quite common if I dare say so myself. If you do not know the 6 are:
Elemental Hero Nova Master
Elemental Hero The Shining
Elemental Hero Great Tornado
Elemental Hero Gaia
Elemental Hero Escuridao
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is the specific one I would like to talk about. Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is a cool card compared to the others because of a the first line of his description. Here is his descrption:
1 "HERO" monster + 1 WATER monster
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 500 ATK for each face-up WATER monster on the field, except "Elemental HERO Absolute Zero". When this card leaves the field: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.
[/strike]
[/b]
Now lets examine one line in particular in this which is:
1 "HERO" monster + 1 WATER monster
Lets examine that line for every other one of the Elemental Heros listed above. As follows:
Elemental Hero Nova Master
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 FIRE monster
Elemental Hero The Shining
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 LIGHT monster
Elemental Hero Great Tornado
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 WIND monster
Elemental Hero Gaia
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 EARTH monster
Elemental Hero Escuridao
1 "Elemental HERO" monster + 1 DARK monster
As you can notice most of the seem similar besides the last part obviously. Let's just exclude that and examine every monster.
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero reads a specific line which is 1 "HERO" monster. Compared to another Hero monster like Elemental Hero Great Tornado which reads 1 "Elemental HERO" monster. Because of this inconsitency which is HERO vs. Elemental HERO Elemental Hero Absolute Zero can be used with ANY type of HERO monster. This is an inconsistency I reccomend looking for and paying close attention to as this inconsistency can make a card viable in multiple decks. Elemental Hero Absolute Zero can be used in any HERO deck which is something I am sure many people did not pick up on at first. Is it viable completly? No. Will prople find a way to make this broken? The answer is yes. I hope this is something that helps y'all out to make a new deck. Also, please pay some attention as I worked very hard to get these to work and this is the first lesson I am implementing the color, bold, underline, and size options in the toolbar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

yugiohmania827's hangout
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armageddon duel academy :: Teachers section :: Teacher's Offices-
Jump to:  
ChatBox