Armageddon duel academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where duelists of all levels gather

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Need more people to post but dropping this here
The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 12:19 am by dark magician 85

» Let's try to revive this academy
The "First" Craze EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:56 pm by TianS

» DUEL CHALLENGE
The "First" Craze EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am by bnds3

» Lets start a deck thread
The "First" Craze EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am by bnds3

» Thinking of leaving
The "First" Craze EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:17 pm by alexander567g

» goodbye guys...
The "First" Craze EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:06 pm by alexander567g

» Could I test?
The "First" Craze EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:14 am by Althalus77

» Playofffs!!!!
The "First" Craze EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:03 pm by alexander567g

» Members i defeated allowed in sig?
The "First" Craze EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:40 pm by alexander567g

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 119 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 am
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon*
The "First" Craze Vote_lcapThe "First" Craze Voting_barThe "First" Craze Vote_rcap 
kompella
The "First" Craze Vote_lcapThe "First" Craze Voting_barThe "First" Craze Vote_rcap 
Aakash
dark magician 85
jackachu 100
Skies
Deces Rivendare
Azure Berserk
The amazing nigga yo
Faggit Dick Muncher
Visitors
jsp and php counter
Get Visitors Count
Card of the Week
free forum

ADA Chat

The "First" Craze

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

DN name : dark magician 85
ADA Points : 19

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:36 am

It is starting to become popular for people to clear the chat and say first or as someone clears the chat to say first. It keeps on going on and is nothing more than spam which is why I am making this post saying that if anyone post "First" they will be warned and will be banned if they break another rule. Keep this in mind.
Back to top Go down
Faggit Dick Muncher
Admin
Admin
Faggit Dick Muncher

DN name : cobradeathstrike
ADA Points : 52

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:21 am

its not spam its more of a game and there isnt a rule about that because saying first is not spam
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 am

it is when every time its cleared its said, that is spam when you get down to it. It isnt a game, its just someone trying to spam.
Back to top Go down
Faggit Dick Muncher
Admin
Admin
Faggit Dick Muncher

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:59 am

its just about everyone and im fine with it and it doesnt effect anyone and it is a game so leave it alone people will get bored of it eventually you try and make everything a rule just calm down and try and enjoy life
Back to top Go down
Aakash
Admin
Admin
Aakash

DN name : Aakash
ADA Points : 10005

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Not everybody has a permission to clear the chat and i hope the people that do have that power will not abuse it.
Back to top Go down
Faggit Dick Muncher
Admin
Admin
Faggit Dick Muncher

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:41 pm

exactly it gets cleared every once in a while so there is nothing wrong if people try and type first when it happens its not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
kompella
Admin
Admin
kompella

DN name : kompella123
ADA Points : 97

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Lol.... Yugi, it's just something which is there for fun, ignore it
Back to top Go down
https://armagedda.4umer.com
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 1:50 am

When you get down to reading the rules, which I know most people do not, the spam rule states:
2 ) DO NOT Spam avoid multi-posting. like posting messages with one word (EX: WTF?, ok, etc) Posting things that have nothing to do with the topic. Double Posting without any need to do so.
When reading, the posting messages with one word, and posting things that have noting to do with the topic all show it is spam. I just proved you all wrong with the rules you made Kompella, I am supposed to enforce the rules so I am.
Back to top Go down
The amazing nigga yo
VIP
VIP
The amazing nigga yo

DN name : The Dragon Incarnate
ADA Points : 322

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:50 am

yugiohmania827 wrote:
When you get down to reading the rules, which I know most people do not, the spam rule states:
2 ) DO NOT Spam avoid multi-posting. like posting messages with one word (EX: WTF?, ok, etc) Posting things that have nothing to do with the topic. Double Posting without any need to do so.
When reading, the posting messages with one word, and posting things that have noting to do with the topic all show it is spam. I just proved you all wrong with the rules you made Kompella, I am supposed to enforce the rules so I am.

Typing on the chat technically isn't making a post or posting. If it was, then if for example :

Someone asks : "Is the new set coming out earlier this month?" on the chat and someone replies "Yes" or "No" then they would be spamming too...right? Other examples would be : when someone enters, users say "Yo", "'Sup?", "Hi", "Hello", etc. also people do say "WTF?" and "Ok" in chatbox land. You're trying to say that posting a reply or topic with only one or few words is the same as saying something on the chatbox with one or just a few words by your logic. Many people on the chatbox usually use one or few words as I barely see people make multiple sentence, or paragraph-like responses on the chatbox like how people reply and post in the actual forum-part of this academy so that means almost anyone who does this on the chatbox is spamming? and they should all be banned is what your logic is saying.

Also for the off-topic remarks, usually people change the topic in chatbox all the time since the chatbox isn't one single thread ITS A CHATBOX. Usually when you walk into a chatbox such as the DN Public Chat you see all types of conversations there, the chatbox we have here is not set to a specific topic therefore everyone should express and talk about whatever topic they want to because it is not the same as a forum. And making a rule stating "FOR NOW ON, ALL USERS MUST ONLY TALK ABOUT THE NUMBERS HUNTER SET IN THE CHATBOX OR YOU'RE SPAMMING AND SHALL BE BANNED" is just a stupid rule if you choose to do that and it is no longer a "chatbox" in my mind. Also, making a rule on the chat box saying everyone must type paragraphs to respond and talk about stuff on the chatbox is another stupid rule which if you do, is basically trying to strip the freedom of speech on the chatbox and it is again no longer a "chatbox" in my mind, more like an essay or report box. Your logic is trying to take a FORUM-exclusive rule and apply it to a chatbox, which clearly makes no sense as Chatboxes are very different from forums.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:03 am

To be fair, yes the topics are switched a lot but its usually in a way that makes sense at times. Also, saying first and yes or no are different when you get down to it because saying first is one thing that has no use to any topic at all when you get down to it when the messages are cleared. That is pretty obvious, but when saying yes or no to someones question like do you like eggs for an example, or do you want to duel it relates to the topic. Also, the rule does not specify wether it is just chatbox or forum rules so again its implied everywhere.
Back to top Go down
The amazing nigga yo
VIP
VIP
The amazing nigga yo

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:06 am

yugiohmania827 wrote:
To be fair, yes the topics are switched a lot but its usually in a way that makes sense at times. Also, saying first and yes or no are different when you get down to it because saying first is one thing that has no use to any topic at all when you get down to it when the messages are cleared. That is pretty obvious, but when saying yes or no to someones question like do you like eggs for an example, or do you want to duel it relates to the topic. Also, the rule does not specify wether it is just chatbox or forum rules so again its implied everywhere.

Based on the other replies on this topic even those of other staff members, I am pretty sure it meant to be a FORUM-exclusive rule as it even says "POSTING". "TOPIC" and "POSTS", posting is not what you do on a chatbox. Posting refers to making a post, and posts are not what you see on a chatbox. Posts are those of topics and replies on a forum which it even says topic in the rule itself. So I am pretty sure they and what the rule suggests meant it to only be taken as a forum-exclusive rule as it says posting and posts.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:16 am

Yet when you get down to it, it does not imply where it is directed towards and is meant everywhere. The rule is being enforced and I am letting people know saying "First" is classified as spam as it does break 2 of the parts of spam. The rule does not specify a specific place for it to go and will be enforced everywhere in the academy as thats what it is meant to do. Wether people like me doing this or not, I am merly enforcing a current rule and just enforming people so they dont get banned. Like I said before its a warning and then a ban if they break a rule which this does break the spam rule.
Back to top Go down
The amazing nigga yo
VIP
VIP
The amazing nigga yo

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:21 am

yugiohmania827 wrote:
Yet when you get down to it, it does not imply where it is directed towards and is meant everywhere. The rule is being enforced and I am letting people know saying "First" is classified as spam as it does break 2 of the parts of spam. The rule does not specify a specific place for it to go and will be enforced everywhere in the academy as thats what it is meant to do. Wether people like me doing this or not, I am merly enforcing a current rule and just enforming people so they dont get banned. Like I said before its a warning and then a ban if they break a rule which this does break the spam rule.

"Posting" is the act of in context of forumotion forums is when you make a "post" (also referred to as : "topic") in a forum or category of the whole forum. Typing things on a chatbox is not "posting", your arguement is invalid and you are trying to twist the wording of the rule to your desire of banning people who say one simple word. I don't know when saying "first" has ever bothered anyone unless repeatedly like FIRST FIRST FIRST FIRST FIRST which is actual spamming. Maybe you have tramautic experiences with the word first but those are your own personal experiences if so and you should deal with those in real life...
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:34 am

Again, in the rule it doesnt specify. You can imply that its meant for the forum but you cant just say this goes here without it saying that. Because the rule does not state (for forum only) or (for chatbox only) it is meant for everywhere in which I am merly enforcing the rule as it stands and how it is said. I dont care if people dont like me for it because I am merly just enforcing the rules as they stand. I can understand how people feel when I do this but it is spam under the way the rule is worded and thats how I am enforcing it. Since it doesnt specify where it goes, it goes everywhere and my argument stands as one with reason.
Back to top Go down
The amazing nigga yo
VIP
VIP
The amazing nigga yo

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 am

yugiohmania827 wrote:
Again, in the rule it doesnt specify. You can imply that its meant for the forum but you cant just say this goes here without it saying that. Because the rule does not state (for forum only) or (for chatbox only) it is meant for everywhere in which I am merly enforcing the rule as it stands and how it is said. I dont care if people dont like me for it because I am merly just enforcing the rules as they stand. I can understand how people feel when I do this but it is spam under the way the rule is worded and thats how I am enforcing it. Since it doesnt specify where it goes, it goes everywhere and my argument stands as one with reason.

K, so ban anyone who says "Hi", "Hello", "Yo", "'Sup?", "Yes", "WTF?", "No", "Ok, and etc. on the chatbox. Don't forget ESPECIALLY those who put ".", "#", "/", or etc. to stay logged in cuz they're only saying one word and you gotta enforce the rules. So never do that or you're abusing your power because you're breaking rules. As you said, there's no distinctions made between the forum or chatbox so you can't say or do the things I just said cuz that's abusing power and you gotta ban rule breakers. I'm just enforcing the rules too. If that's how your logic is then i'm gonna spit the same things back at you.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 7:14 am

Your really salty at the moment because I am merly enforcing a rule. I do not understand why people always do this, I am just doing my job to enforce the rules. Wether you like it or not, it is my job. Its like a traffic cop, no one likes them writing up tickets for violators but its their job and they do what they are supposed to do. I am an admin, I am supposed to warn people when they break the rules then ban them if they keep it up, and also doing multiple other things with the panel. Its my job to do these things and enforce the rules and If you are gonna be mad, to bad.
Back to top Go down
Faggit Dick Muncher
Admin
Admin
Faggit Dick Muncher

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

but we are admins to you dont have more power than us
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:32 am

Yes, i do not have more power then you but I am clearly enforcing a rule which is already there. Wether you hate me for it or not, I am just enforcing a current rule which is our job. Maybe, I am the only admin who cares enough to enforce the rules and most other admins dont, but I have the power to and I am not afraid to do so. I know most people on the forum probably hate me, but why should that stop me from doing my job. If the rule is changed then I will enforce the rule differently but currently the rule stands the way it is and I am doing what I am supposed to. Maybe the other admins should take some notes.
Back to top Go down
kompella
Admin
Admin
kompella

DN name : kompella123
ADA Points : 97

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Dude I made those rules so I know what it means more than u do... It clearly says post, and spam on chat box is only when people keep on sending smileys and repeating something which is already said just for the heck of it.... But saying things like first, is clearly not one of those... U r just making a minor issue into a major one
Back to top Go down
https://armagedda.4umer.com
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Actually that isnt there atm, and the current head has no problem with it. I am dropping the issue and if I see it I am doing what I said I am doing because thats what you do
Back to top Go down
Aakash
Admin
Admin
Aakash

DN name : Aakash
ADA Points : 10005

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 5:26 am

We should enforce to rules but too think you're going a little hard on the people but anyways, lets just drop the issue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The "First" Craze Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "First" Craze   The "First" Craze Empty

Back to top Go down

The "First" Craze
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armageddon duel academy :: Armageddon duel academy (ADA) :: ADA Anouncement Section-
Jump to:  
ChatBox