Armageddon duel academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where duelists of all levels gather

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Need more people to post but dropping this here
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 12:19 am by dark magician 85

» Let's try to revive this academy
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:56 pm by TianS

» DUEL CHALLENGE
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am by bnds3

» Lets start a deck thread
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 am by bnds3

» Thinking of leaving
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:17 pm by alexander567g

» goodbye guys...
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:06 pm by alexander567g

» Could I test?
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:14 am by Althalus77

» Playofffs!!!!
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed May 07, 2014 4:03 pm by alexander567g

» Members i defeated allowed in sig?
yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 06, 2014 6:40 pm by alexander567g

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 119 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 am
Top posters
*Judgment Dragon*
yugiohmania827's hangout Vote_lcapyugiohmania827's hangout Voting_baryugiohmania827's hangout Vote_rcap 
kompella
yugiohmania827's hangout Vote_lcapyugiohmania827's hangout Voting_baryugiohmania827's hangout Vote_rcap 
Aakash
dark magician 85
jackachu 100
Skies
Deces Rivendare
Azure Berserk
The amazing nigga yo
Faggit Dick Muncher
Visitors
jsp and php counter
Get Visitors Count
Card of the Week
free forum

ADA Chat

yugiohmania827's hangout

Go down 
+3
AmmonJerro69
kompella
dark magician 85
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

DN name : dark magician 85
ADA Points : 19

yugiohmania827's hangout Empty
PostSubject: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon May 13, 2013 5:32 am

Hey guys, i`m the first teacher on this place and I will help y`all out with what you need. I am definatlly not the best player in the world/country or even in my state. I mean Jarrel "Pro" Winston lives here in NJ and there is just no beating that guy. Anyway, I have mastered many decks and know the ways of playtesting and how to make a deck work to its fullest potential. My methods can and will be strange but you know what, if it works it works and lemme tell you it works. Soon, I will post up some of my decks that I have come up on my own to show you what innovation looks like. I have played since Goat Control left around Tele Dad and came back about a year or two ago and played Machina Gadget. Now I am all into the dark decks but still know how to work a deck and figure out what to do with them. What I can offer you guys if I teach you is how to build a deck, test a deck, use most decks, and how to read your opponent's plays. Untill DN is back on I cannot show you the decks so this is my place and can't wait to teach y`all. Peace.
Back to top Go down
kompella
Admin
Admin
kompella

DN name : kompella123
ADA Points : 97

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:18 am

hey why don't u post some rulings nad how to build deck stuff.... so that everyone can learn not only ur students?
Back to top Go down
https://armagedda.4umer.com
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:42 am

Well, I dont wanna give away my secrets to those that actually have their own way. Thats just wrong.
Back to top Go down
kompella
Admin
Admin
kompella

DN name : kompella123
ADA Points : 97

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:44 am

no i mean post stuff like rulings, and then strategies all that stuff since, u r a teacher, u r not supposed to have any shame saying all that
Back to top Go down
https://armagedda.4umer.com
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Ok well, I dont know exactly what ruling, but I will think of some strategies to post soon.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:24 am

Hello, ok so I finnaly thought of some rulings that new people in the game might not know. I figured that this could help you guys when you duel as some people dont understand why. Here it goes:

1. Fiendish Chain: Fiendish Chain is a card that targets an opponent's monster negates the effect. The ruling on it that is messed up is on the last part, if the monster is destroyed, destroy this card. This means only if the monster is destroyed. What people mess up is if it is used for an Xyz, Synchro, Tribute, its own effect (unless the card effect says it destroyes itself), used for another card effect (like Genex Ally Birdman). All these things do not destroy the card so Fiendish Chain stays on the field, and has no target untill it is destroyed.

2. Starlight Road: When you use Starlight Road to special summon Stardust Dragon, when Stardust Dragon leaves the field, wether it be destroyed or its using its own effect, it cannot be brought back to the field from the graveyard. The reason why is because Stardust was summoned improperly through Starlight Road versus the normal synchro.

3: Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror: 2 rulings
a. While Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is face up on the field you can special summon a Grapha, Dragon Ruler of Dark World because his effect to special summon himself is a summoning condition not an actuall effect and Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror does not affect that.
b. While Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is face-up on the field you cannot keep a Malefic Monster on the field. Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror negates the activation and not the effect which means because the Malefic monsters effect to be destroyed is a continous effect they are destroyed.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptySun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Heres another ruling that just occured between me and my friend in a friendly match:

My friend summoned Wind-Up Magician and asked if the summon is ok and I chain Mind Drain to the summon. He then tries to special summon Wind-Up Shark in the chain. This is an illegal play. Heres why, Wind-Up Shark is a spell speed 1 and Mind Drain is a spell speed 2. Spell Speed 1 is never allowed to chain to spell speed 2 because they cannot chain to any effect. The only time they can is if 2 Sangan are to attack and destroy eachother or 2 Mystic Tomato. Anyway, Mind Drain caused the state to go to Chain Link 2 and again since Wind-Up Shark is spell speed 1, it cannot chain to anything.
Something he could have done to actually use Wind-Up Shark is doing the following, summon Wind-Up Magician, special Wind-Up Shark then asked if it was all ok. Because he is the turn player and has the opportunity to activate an effect in response to the summon first before I can respond. Keep that rule in mind guys, if you do not believe me than go to yugioh-card.com and look up fast effects. Granted it is a page on fast effects, but there are 2 charts that show how chain links work.
Back to top Go down
AmmonJerro69
Blue
Blue
AmmonJerro69

ADA Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon May 20, 2013 3:53 pm

hey, i dont actually understand spell speed, and what cards beat cards when it comes to "spell speed"
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Ok, than I shall explain all that here.
Spell Speed is a mechanic in the game that every card uses. Every card in the game has a set spell speed.
Spell speed 1 includes Normal spells, Equip spells, Continous spells, Field Spells, Ritual spells, Ignition effects, Trigger effects, and Flip effects.
Spell speed 2 includes Normal traps, Continous traps, Quick-Play spells, and Quick Effects.
Spell speed 3 includes Counter Traps
Then there is the unofficial Spell speed 4 which is something like Super Polymerazation because it reads (Spells, Traps, and card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.). Basically nothing can chain to it, so thats why it is Spell Speed 4.
Now Spell Speed is a mechanic in which basically a lower Spell Speed cannot chain to a higher one. Spell Speed 1 cannot be chained to anything in the game at all, becuase they are not allowed to be higher than Chain Link 2 in the game which is impossible to do. For example, Player A summons a Dark Magician. Player B chains Bottomless Trap Hole. Player A cannot respond with something like Dark Hole because it would be Chain Link 3 which they are not allowed to be.
Spell Speed 2 is a faster Spell Speed that can be anywhere in a chain. These can only respond to the activation of Spell Speed 1 and 2. Few examples of commonly used Spell Speed 2 cards are Evolzar Laggia, Evolzar Dollka, Mystical Space Typhoon, Mirror Force, Bottomless Trap Hole. These can all chain to anything but Spell Speed 3 cards and the occasional Spell Speed 4 card.
Spell Speed 3 is the fastes of all Spell Speeds and it is only Counter Traps. All of these can be chained to anything and everything in the game but Spell Speed 4. Examples of these are Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment, Dark Bribe. Essentially, these are the best because your opponent can only respond to them with other Counter Traps.
Spell Speed 4 is essentially a card that reads (Spells, Traps, and card effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation.) or a variation of it. You will know it is this Spell Speed if it reads that somewhere in the card usually at the end.
I hope this helped all of you out as to wether or not it was easy to understand. If you need more help on these, feel free to PM me on DN when I am on, or PM me on here.
Back to top Go down
AmmonJerro69
Blue
Blue
AmmonJerro69

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:43 pm

that does help,

i use six sams, and people always argue with me about Shi Ens effect, are there cards that he cant negate?
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon May 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Shi En cannot negate Counter Traps just like Light and Darkness Dragon and Naturia Barkion cannot. All of these are Spell Speed 2 and are Quick Effect. Counter Traps as you know are Spell Speed 3. Due to the mechanic they cannot negate any Counter Trap.
Back to top Go down
AmmonJerro69
Blue
Blue
AmmonJerro69

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

so Shi En cant negate a dark bribe? or a seven tools?
Back to top Go down
Aakash
Admin
Admin
Aakash

DN name : Aakash
ADA Points : 10005

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:10 am

Yea that's right. only counter traps can nagate counter traps
Back to top Go down
AmmonJerro69
Blue
Blue
AmmonJerro69

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:11 am

ok, Konami did a **** job of teaching everyone that haha DN is full of people who dont know the rules.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:36 am

Yes, but DN is not run by Konami. Likewise every deck you buy comes with a rule book or you can even download the file off the website. Most of these mechanic questions are in there. People are just to lazy to look it over.
Back to top Go down
Shroudx
VIP
VIP
Shroudx

ADA Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:03 am

*yawn*
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:21 am

Hey, no need to be like that. If you have a question on the game I will be able to answer it for you. I am here to help the weaker people become stronger.
Back to top Go down
AmmonJerro69
Blue
Blue
AmmonJerro69

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:53 pm

could you help me make a firefist deck?

they seem pretty cool
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:09 pm

If you really need the help, they are meta and fairly popular so it shouldn't be to hard. I need you to be on though.
Back to top Go down
Shroudx
VIP
VIP
Shroudx

ADA Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:26 am

*yawn* again
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:13 am

NEW RULING TIME (Forbidden Dress & Safe Zone)
This is on how their chaining works and stuff. I just figure this will help you guys that dont know your rulings. Here are the card effects.

Forbidden Dress: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the End Phase, that target loses 600 ATK, but it cannot be targeted or destroyed by other card effects.

Safe Zone: Activate by selecting 1 face-up Attack Position monster. That monster cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects, or be destroyed by battle. It cannot attack your opponent directly. When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When that monster is removed from the field, destroy this card.

What is common among them. They read tha the mosnt cannot be targeted by other card effects. This is an issue many of you guys just cannot get through your head. These cards cannot be chained to anything that targets. I will use Fiendish Chain as my example card. Here is the effect.

Fiendish Chain: Target 1 face-up Effect Monster on the field; that target's effects are negated, also that target cannot attack. When that target is destroyed, destroy this card.

If eithere Safe Zone or Forbidden Dress were chained to Fiendish Chain it would do nothing. The reason fot this is because the target has already happened. Forbidden Dress and Safe Zone can only prevent future targeting. Although they do not work if either of them is activated and Fiendish Chain is chained to them because of the way a chain works.

It is a confusing ruling but basically heres what it means. Forbidden Dress and Safe Zone do not work if the target has already happened and either is chained to the card that targets or if that card that targets is chained to Forbidden Dress or Safe Zone. This is Konami's ruling on it so sorry if you are confused by why it works that why. It is just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
HolyLobsters
VIP
VIP
HolyLobsters

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:19 am

You were wrong about the shadow imprisoning ruling~ It's a continuous effect, those cannot be negated by shadow imprisoning, since they don't activate, they're just there. They don't get destroyed by the card. Why would they ever be destroyed because they're effect is negated. Learn 2 Ygo
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Actually I am not wrong becuase I am reffering to his SS ability which is a summoning condition. I know my cards. You need to learn.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:11 am

I wanna post this for a basic rarity runthrough for you guys who play IRL. Here it goes.

Common- Come on if you dont know what this is thats sad.

Rare- again same think.

Super- Holo picture, no shiny name.

Ultra- Holo picture, Gold lettering

Ultimate- Has a texture to the card.

Secret- The lines are going across it.

Ghost- The picture is white and then when shined in light or a certain way you can see the cards image.
Back to top Go down
dark magician 85
Admin
Admin
dark magician 85

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:10 pm

Today, I felt like telling yall a lil lesson on how to get better at the game. This game is about having fun, but at the same time can get competitive. If you want to grow in skill in this game I am gonna tell you what I did when I was learning, if you dont know already I have a history of topping multiple events and I live in NJ which is the 2nd hardest state to play in besides California. Anyway, lets get started.
1. Learn the rules. When I say learn the rules I dont mean just the basics, I mean the mechanics of chains, spellspeeds, and all sorts of other mechanics. These will help you when you get more into the game because then you will know how it works.
2. Test multiple decks with friends. Just keep building multiple decks and find at least one that you like that fits you. For this step I would advize netdecking even though it isnt liked, just because you are trying the deck out yourself and not actually playing it in a competitive environment.
3. Build a deck. After finding at least one deck you like practice with that netdecked deck and then build your own. Keep playtesting and practicing till you get the deck to an acceptable point.
4. Ask multiple questions. We all cant know every ruling, its impossible. Not even the judges know them all. Although, just ask random people questions on rulings in the meta. I.E. the forbidden dress ruling I posted before and other.
5. Watch duel videos on youtube/duels. Now this may not seem like its a good idea, but actually watching those videos help you grow because you are sitting there and watching what they do with the cards. I would advize to watch videos with someone using your deck. This is just so then you can learn your decks combos while also watching their matchup to the other decks.
6. Challenge people who are better than you. No matter what, challenging someone who is better than you makes you better if you keep at it. When I started I was probably one of the worst players in the game. Now you see me and I have accomplished a lot. Anyway, challenging people who are better allows you to grow and learn the skills of good duelist or whatever you do.
These are the things I used to get better at the game and it seems to have worked. Goodluck to any of you whoa re gonna try these. I hope you grow as a duelist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yugiohmania827's hangout   yugiohmania827's hangout Empty

Back to top Go down

yugiohmania827's hangout
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Armageddon duel academy :: Teachers section :: Teacher's Offices-
Jump to:  
ChatBox